SOME COOL, SCARY GIMP TUTORIALS FOR YOU TO DO
I've been teaching myself how to use the free graphic design program, GIMP, over the last couple of years. Every time I think I have a good grasp of its capabilities, I stumble across something new to learn - and have to refresh my memory on something I've forgotten. During that time, I've bookmarked quite a few GIMP tutorials from across the internet. The kind people who wrote all those tutorials have really helped me understand the program. I thought I'd give links to some of them here, for you to try. Here are a few of my favorite creepy ones to get you started (although, I recommend playing around with GIMP and doing basic tutorials first, so the steps are easier):
1. Ghost in the Forest. I loved following this one. I hope you have fun with it, too!
2. How to Use GIMP to Make a Girl Look Cold and Scary. This one is very fun and it teaches you a lot of neat GIMP features. Plus, when you're done, you'll have a picture of yourself or a friend that's sure to frighten everyone.
3. How to Make a Zombie Using GIMP. This is one of the first ones I did and I loved doing it, too.
4. Or, if you just want a zombie hand, try this one: Creepy Zombie Hand of Death. I followed a few of the steps - with some variation - when I made the hand on my book cover.
5. If you're looking for a good scary text effect, I recommend this rusted text tutorial.
Thanks to all the kind people who wrote these wonderful tutorials! I hope you have as much fun with them as I did.